Friday, January 18, 2008

Saw the glass full when I should have seen it half.


This past weekend, my cousin and I ran the Houston Marathon. We ran the half marathon last year and decided to be overly ambitious this year and go for the full. We finished with an embarrassing time of about 8 hours. Now I suppose this isn’t horrible for not training (most I ran during training is 3 miles). At least I didn’t die or quit like I saw many people do. Our time isn’t recorded because it went over the allotted time of 6 hours. We don’t get a medal or even the free t-shirt that our fee paid for. But we did finish the entire 26.2 miles (even more bc we got off course and had to come back) and have the inability to walk stairs to show for it.

Can’t wait to do it again next year… maybe I’ll get that free t shirt this time.

p.s who else has found me?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

just me!! i'm a super sleuth!

you are still awesome.